Thursday, September 4, 2008

You pick the book. . . .

So, last Thursday I picked up 6 books from the bookstore at The Crossing to get the most out of my staff discount.

I am going to let you guys pick which book I read first. And then I will tell you what I got out of it, my thoughts on it and any other things I happen to be thinking while reading it.

Here are the books-

Rob Bell "Velvet Elvis"
Rob Bell "Sex God"
C.S. Lewis "Mere Christianity"
C.S. Lewis " The Great Divorce"
David Crowder "Praise Habit"
Donald Miller "Through Painted Deserts"

I will let the comments be the official votes and voting will end on Sunday at Midnight.

So let the voting begin. . . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow Steveo...lots of votes on here, huh?

I've "read" the first 2 books on the list and they are both really good. I don't C.S. Lewis' writing style, but I hear his are good as well. But I can't suggest them since I don't know anything about them. So I think Velvet Elvis would be a good start for you.