Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What I learned from my first pot of Chili....

I made Chili for the first time on Saturday, I made it in the crock pot that my grandma gave me from her house. If you follow my tweets you know that I was also sick over the weekend. I had only been to the doctor's on Friday and so Saturday afternoon I was getting fairly stir crazy. Instead of going out, which would have been the wrong thing to do, I started dicing up onions, peppers, and garlic to make my first pot of Chili. I let the chili simmer in the crock pot the rest of the day Saturday then put it into the fridge overnight. It ended up staying there until today when I called in sick to just rest today.... The chili has been warming all day and it's starting to smell really nice.....

But what would I do next time is this... Make the chili with ground beef and not steak meat... use to types of beans instead of one... and figure out some way to thicken up the broth....

I also learned just like this chili takes time to set-up, cook, and be right. I also take time to heal, it takes time for me to physically heal from sickness. I've also learned that it takes time for me to re-energize from late nights of good conversation. If I'm not getting enough sleep then I'm unable to live life to it's fullest, I'm unable to fulfill my obligations to my church, to my job and to me. Because of me getting sick I've had to take time off work, had to step out of mixing a weekend, and not been able to spend as much time with a certain girl.....

The biggest thing I've figured out from all of this is.......... I'm weird....

No comments: