Monday, August 25, 2008

Thoughts on 8.25.08, or what I learned from mixing four services over the weekend. . . . . .

So, over the weekend it was the last time I will have mixed an adult service for awhile. As the internship ends I have discovered that I need to take some time away from the doing anything in the adult service, which includes mixing, playing bass, and setting up the stage.

So, as of this Saturday night I will no longer be an intern at the crossing. And I will go back to a youth volunteer only. It will be tough, there will be times where my mind wants to say something, and I just need to tell myself to shut up because in the big picture my opinion doesn't matter. It took me nine months to figure that out but I finally figured it out, hindsight being 20/20 is a lovely thing.

There has not been any official word from apple yet, but things are still in the works. If I get a job at apple it will be as a part time employee so I will be searching for any and all other that I can get to make up the hours.

I have learned too much from this last 11 month period during the internship. I have learned a lot about myself and how I am wired, I have learned a lot about how a church works, and also how I interact with people. All great lessons to learn and they all were/are lessons that I needed/need to learn.

So after listening to Reggie's message this weekend at the crossing, I am trying to let go, trying to give up and let God take control. In my great wrestling match I am throwing in the towel because the other option, to continue wrestling with God just doesn't seem like a smart option. . . . . . .

No comments: