Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Church......

So I go to this really cool church that loves to push the envelope of what church is. I run sound there a few days a week, play bass occasionally and get to hang out and shape the lives of some really cool teenagers and it certainly is a fun job(s) to do and I love how much they allow me to participate in the lives of a bunch of people trying to love God and let God love them. Yes it is tiring and I don't set healthy boundaries in what I do at church, everyone sucks at boundaries get over it, I love what I do.

My love for this church was very alert this weekend as Greg, our lead pastor, talked about what it looks like to take God to the world both here and abroad. I got the privilege to run sound this weekend and got to hear his talk four times. Every time I heard something I hadn't heard the other times, I love that. He also hinted at not running and hiding from culture but facing culture head on and embracing certain aspects of culture but, to be aware of culture that is not uplifting to God or us yet effects people.

If it weren't for my church I would not be the God fearing man I am today and I wouldn't have a ton of great friends who I want to hangout with for a long time.

It's truly amazing to me the work God does in my life through this church and the work God is doing through me.