Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So this is what I read.....

I have studied many times
The marble which was chiseled for me-
A boat with a furled sail at rest in a harbor.
In truth it pictures not my destination
But my life.
For love was offered me, and I shrank from its disillusionment;
Sorrow knoocked at my door, but I was afraid
Ambition called to me, but I dreaded the chances.
Yet all the while I hungered for meaning in my life
And now I know that we must lift the sail
And catch the winds of destiny
Wherever they drive the boat.
To put meaning in one's lofe may end in madness,
But life without meaning is the torture
Of restlessness and vague desire-
It is a boat longing for the sea and yet afraid.

Edgar Lee Masters


So this poem was in the book Wild at Heart and after I read it I took a look back at my life and saw all the times where I had the chance to turn and run from the way of God and do my own thing. I look at the times I did and saw that God was still with me even when I didn't choose Him.

THIS IS HOW AWESOME MY GOD IS!!! Even though I thought I turned from Him he still showed up, how awesome is that.

SO, what does this mean? Well it means that I am going to pursue him in everything I do and my some of my dreams, desires and goals will be shown to me while at the same time I will have to learn what it means when God's will is not mine and therefore I have to slow down and look for the reason for his will.

No comments: