Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's a weird feeling. . .

So, Friday morning at 6:30 I found out that my Grandpa passed away. My aunt called at 6:20, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't pick up the phone. I hit ignore and tried to go back to sleep, but when my mom called ten minutes later I figured I should probably answer the phone. My mom told me the bad news and I tried to go back to sleep, that didn't happen. So I caught up on some DVR'd stuff and then went back to sleep.

Now the weird feeling is that I'm not really feeling any sort of grief, sadness, or sorrow. A week ago my mom had told me that he had been in and out of the hospital for about two weeks, so I kinda had already dealt with the issue in my head and heart. I know that he's in a better place now, there's no more pain to deal with for him.

The other weird feeling is that I'm not really sure how to tell my friends that it has happened. It's just a weird thing to deal with, I'm unsure who to tell, how to tell them, or why to tell them. I don't really need anything from them right now, I'm not feeling that bad so I've just let it kinda skip over and I'm ok with that.

So, I guess if your reading this and you are looking for an action point then here it is. PRAY, pray for my family, pray that my grandma can find comfort in God, pray that everyone in the family can deal with this in a healthy way. Just pray for the family.

No comments: