Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Slumdog. . .

So, last night I saw slumdog millionaire, let me say first I was not all that interested in seeing this movie even with all the hype that surrounded this movie.

So we are watching the movie and in the first twenty minutes I felt this over whelming sense of grief wash over me. The scene's where they show what really happens in the slum's of the world just made me want to write a song. It made me feel the way a lot of other musician's and artist have felt when they see the pain and wrong that is going on in this world. I wanted to write, more on that later.

So, the rest of the movie I absolutely loved. The way Danny Boyle directed it, to how well the acting was. The entire movie was very, very well done. I would recommend this movie to anyone, I think that everyone who cares about the world and the way it's run should walk out of the movie feeling good about the story. While at the same time you should feel some sense of remorse and grief for the world.

This isn't the way it's supposed to be, this world is not the way it was meant to be, we are not living the way God intended.

So, with this in mind I'm hoping that through some prayer, thinking and a little musical talent I can come up with a song that expresses what I'm feeling after seeing this movie.

No comments: