Friday, August 3, 2007

One more time.......camp '07

So, we got back from camp and it was a good week. I watched our youth group grow in God and themselves. I watched two awesome guys lead their peers in worship and it brought me to tears. I have had the honor of watching those two grow into men of God and love on their peers.

I watched out kids come together as a group in community and it was so God honoring. I loved every minute of camp with the kids. I watched a good friend lead a group of students in a God honoring, God loving, and compassionate manor that I could not help but smile. Watching all of the leaders interact with the kids was a pleasure for me.

I wish I could live in the God moments of camp. I have to go back to work on Monday and it will be an abrupt change from the God moments of camp. Working in the environment I work in is a daily struggle to chase after God. But I think that is what we are called to do, having to live in the world yet not of the world. I love my God, the youth I serve, and the one man who has allowed me to do all of this cool stuff. I would not be the man of God I am today without him and would do anything for him, Randall is the man and ROCKS THE FREE WORLD!!

It's was an amazing week and I will miss the comrade that happens at camp. I can't wait for next year and hope God will allow me to be apart of his story in the youth group for a little while longer.

Once again go here for pics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, just want to say that I am proud of you.

Keep pushing hard for God...okay??!? He's go so much for you and I'm pretty darn excited about it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.